Road map to an enhanced commerce cloud platform.
In order to compete with the rapidly changing global business landscape, enterprises must understand the fundamental changes in consumer shopping behavior and transform their operative model to meet new consumer expectations. Digital commerce technology has been growing radically in the past few years. In 2020, the digital commerce market share reported over 3500 customers expanded to over 20 industries in more than 100 countries.
Commerce Cloud solutions offered by SAP focus on enhanced customer experiences and the core cloud services such as built-in intelligence, customization, and such.
Strategic priorities of commerce cloud road map include:
- Application programming interface- to run the cloud platform with greater agility and speed.
- Hyper-personalization- by using intelligent services like Machine Learning and AI.
- Support any business model.
- Comprehensive integrations- SAP backend or any third-party partner ecosystem.
- Extensibility- ability to perform micro & macro services.
- Composable business capabilities-
These priorities are emphasized to bring about a scalable eCommerce experience to customers and service providers. Each priority will have its highlights and futuristic updates on the roadmap. The commerce cloud roadmap also prioritizes core services-
1) Project Spartacus
Project Spartacus offers a robust frontend to customers. It enables them to quickly create engaging and custom storefronts that are tailored to their unique business needs. It is easily customizable, configurable, upgradeable, and delivers a better User Experience.
- Template store for B2B power-tools
- B2B commerce organization management
- Additional core B2B storefront features
- Support for angular internalization-usable at any location around the world.
2) Context-Driven Services
Context driver services incorporate delivering real-time actionable insights and personalized experience using AI for both known and unknown users. These services include personalized search, categories, merchandising, product recommendations, promotions, and banners. Customers’ online behaviors are obtained through click streams, geographical and device-related data with built-in consent management.
- Product-driven recommendations through machine learning.
- Dynamic affinities on customer behavior.
- Support for full multi-catalog and multisite.
The extensibility of the commerce cloud roadmap emphasizes running the business model with greater agility and scalability by using composable APIs. It includes focusing on run-time extensibility, simplifying upgrades, reduce implementation time, and promoting extensibility outside of the commerce cloud platform.
- Support for Omnichannel Commerce Cloud.
- A service catalog for SAP business technology platform.
Integration with other SAP solutions, and third-party partner solutions to deliver comprehensive experiences for both customers and service providers. The integration with other ecosystems allows organizations to have a better perspective of what they do.
- Monitor end-to-end activities with integration with SAP Cloud ALM.
- Integration with SAP Customer Data Platform and SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Product Master Service
The future outlooks for the commerce cloud roadmap adapt to the ongoing trends and intelligent technologies to ultimately give out the best user experience. Deploy the intelligent cloud onto your business ecosystem to deliver the ultimate customer experience for your clients.