5 Ways Azure Cloud Can Ensure Smooth Hassle-Free SAP Migration
With over 90% of Fortune 500 companies using Microsoft Azure and SAP, the two technological giants seem to have a solid understanding of their 25-year relationship to ensure customer success.
SAP offers key services for financial, human resources, and global commerce business operations. In today’s corporate world, the challenges of adaptability include more expenses, new procedures and demands, and a large flow of data. With this, you reduce downtime, risks, and costs and increases organizational efficiency with an agile infrastructure.
Considering recent developments made by Azure and SAP, the credibility has grown that emerging offerings will enable customers to use SAP on Azure to expand and innovate even more than they do now. According to the Forrester Total Economic Impact Study, SAP customers on Azure potentially generate an ROI of 102% in less than nine months on average with the turnaround on their cloud investments.
When businesses look forward to modernizing and transforming their business operations in favor of digital commerce, they also realize that Azure is important to support these efforts with its flexibility, scalability, and endurance.
Since SAP is fundamental to several businesses’ data processing capabilities, SAP must move to Azure in the context of digital processes. The Azure ecosystem offers full assistance for every stage of your migration journey from the first evaluation through to the final integration.
It might be challenging to move complicated SAP applications into the cloud. Therefore, before the SAP migration to Azure, a comprehensive evaluation will be the first stage in your Azure migration.
- Perform a comprehensive study of the existing SAP ecosystem and identify infrastructure requirements and expected trends of development.
- Analyze your workloads and determine which of the responsibilities may be changed, updated, or refreshed.
- Establish storage inventories, distribution, and performance requirements so that you have no downtime or restrictions in resources.
- Set down the requirements for your bandwidth network so that data migration is fast and pain-free.
- Forecasting SAP costs on azure migration and calculating the total cost of ownership (TCO) by utilizing the Azure computer based on the configurations.
- Together with SAP, Microsoft, and our customers, we offer best practices and planning resources for making the vision and strategy of your present environment.
- The architecture/design is prepared using research and evaluation process information with Microsoft and SAP reference architectures.
- To find apps that can be considered for the pilot SAP on Azure migration, scan your existing SAP infrastructure.
- To understand and minimize business disturbances, select low-risk SAP apps for Azure trial transfer.
- Implement the initial procedures for the SAP on azure migration to ensure absolute transparency and business sustainability.
- Allow a high-priority migration team, who can always monitor migration to minimize the possible interruptions.
- Conduct interactive testing procedures to ensure the accurate and correct transfer of all database modules
You can optimize landscapes for further technology improvements when your SAP workloads are installed in Azure and constantly reduce costs. Azure offers many services to ensure that your SAP data is secured and gives you are visibility in all apps.
- Usage Capacity management tools and cost management to prevent over-supply, ineffectiveness, and pay for what you need and utilize.
- For real-time visibility and threats, use Azure Monitoring and Artificial Intelligence.
- Enhance data security using Azure services and SAP capacities and enable Azure to access SAP applications.
Businesses migrating their SAP workloads to Azure may access a valuable collection of interconnected APIs and adaptive management integration applications and control data access from central locations across numerous sources.
- This central hub can include automatic processes management tools that enable you to view your key performance indicators in real-time (KPIs).
- With integrations with Microsoft 365, Microsoft teams, Microsoft Power Apps, and with SAP products like SuccessFactors , you can improve productivity and collaboration.
- Azure provides several tools and resources to assist you to analyze your workloads and your business ability to migrate.