SAP Supply Network Planning – An Effective Purchasing, Production, Service
The COVID-19 had pushed companies to redesign the fundamental structure of their supply chains. It is an essential step, considering that the outbreak has substantially changed the functioning of supply networks. So, businesses require digitalization and integrated planning to enhance supply chains.
SAP Supply Network Planning empowers enterprises by building robustness through/by increasing efficiency and providing cost-effective supply chain management solutions.
SAP Supply Network Planning Process
Advanced planning and optimization are the essential parts of SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM). SAP SCM APO is a collection of solutions that improves the holistic view of the distribution network and provide prediction, planning, and execution.
SAP SNP simulates and implements complete tactical planning and procurement choices based on a consistent model. This model combines purchasing, manufacturing, distribution, and transportation. The SAP Supply Network Planning coordinates operations and plans the movement of materials throughout the supply chain. It facilitates,
- Planning Area Administration
- SAP APO Master Data Setup
- Model/Version Creation
- Supply Chain Model Setup
- Release Forecast Data to SNP
- Definition of Planning Method and Profile Settings
- Supply Network Planning Run
- Interactive Planning.
- Release SNP Plan to DP
- Converting SNP Orders into PP/DS Orders
- Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS)
- Deployment Run
- Transport Load Building
The solution enhances consistency in internal operations for businesses: order creation, production planning, planning, and ordering, pricing, and delivery. SAP SCM can receive customer demand information from merchants in real-time and create demand triggers.
SAP Supply network planning (SNP) Benefits
- The SAP SNP can able seamlessly integrated with purchasing, manufacturing, distribution, and transportation modules.
- With the help of the SAP SNP, planning details for various stages can be done including comprehensive planning.
- SAP SNP module can significantly reduce inventory costs and expenses.
- It reduces the time to complete the order.
- Enhances coordination between purchase, manufacture (planning), and machinery.
- Simplifies the processes for acquiring raw resources, products, and making the delivery.
For a company, the digitalization of supply chain activities is vital, and these transformations must be strategic. One of the main goals of each SAP SNP module is to empower a company’s supply chain processes.
SAP SCM’s real-time planning capabilities help enterprises to achieve effective purchasing, improve customer service, reduce expenses, and enhance decision-making.